Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is committed to ensuring that every young person in the state has access to quality mentoring relationships, regardless of who they are or where they live. MMP is a statewide organization that partners with corporate, public and philanthropic entities to drive critical resources to a network of more than 370 mentoring and youth-serving organizations, representing more than 50,000 young people from Boston to Pittsfield. MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are committed to promoting racial equity within our own work and program partners. Candidates of color, bilingual, and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our environment is responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning, and promotes staff development at all levels. Our organization offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the nonprofit sector.
The Operations Associate works on multiple fronts to impact the daily operations of MMP and to contribute to our mission-driven work. Key areas of responsibility include financial processing, office management, human resources, information technology, grant management, and administrative support. This is an excellent opportunity for a detailed-oriented individual with strong initiative and a customer service mentality. The role provides exposure to multiple aspects of a dynamic and mission-driven non-profit that values collaboration and encourages maximum engagement of all staff in meeting our strategic goals. The Operations Associate reports to the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience; previous nonprofit experience a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and organizational skills with a strong attention a plus
- Adept at managing projects and professional relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Capacity to prioritize and manage workflow and multiple projects with excellent follow through
- Strong desire and ability to work and connect with diverse communities, people and partners and a commitment to promoting inclusion in all practices and efforts
- Strong computer skills including Google apps for work, MS Office, Adobe are crucial. Admin level IT experience helpful
- Database experience a plus
Operations & Financial Processing:
- Vendor Management - Including accounts payable processing
- Process and record incoming checks
- Request and distribute outgoing invoices and assist with account receivable management
- Monthly credit card coding and payment processing
- Along with the CEO provide MMP's Governing Board support - including scheduling quarterly Board meetings and Finance Committee meetings: preparation and distribution of board meeting materials; attend quarterly Board and Finance Committee meetings and prepare minutes.
- Manage MMP's CRM platform Quickbase to ensure data is accurate, up to date, and comprehensive, collaborate with the staff to maximize its effective usage, provide reporting, analysis, and technical support. Manage RFPs, scholarship applications, AmeriCorps AOM applications and enrollment paperwork
- Payroll Administration - Including processing additions / terminations and changes to payroll.
- Process bi-weekly payroll; send payroll reports to outsourced bookkeeping service
- Benefits Administration - Manage enrollment / terminations and changes for health, dental and life insurance for MMP staff
- Assist in onboarding new staff members and provide training on utilizing MMP systems
- Assist with AmeriCorps compliance - Execute background checks, review enrollment paperwork, participate in programmatic and fiscal site visits, ensure compliance with hours tracking and supervisor approval, run monthly hours reports, complete necessary training etc.
- Staff Recruitment - Process job postings, manage / document internal hiring process, schedule interviews
- Serve as a welcoming, professional first contact to all individuals who interact with MMP by phone, in person and through email
- Receive incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and deliveries
- Manage organization files including: vendor files, AmeriCorps files and State Mentoring Grant files
- Assist in managing training and event registration lists, Zoom and Eventbrite links and associated logistics
- Maintain office equipment at optimal level and manage relationships with vendors
- Manage inventory of supplies and place orders
- Manage common spaces to maintain appearance and functionality