In addition to the in-person road race, the Boston Athletic Association is also holding a historic virtual Boston Marathon in celebration of the 125th running of the Boston Marathon.
Registration for the virtual Boston Marathon opened on Tuesday, March 30 at 10:00AM ET. within Athletes’ Village (which is an online platform): https//bostonathleticassociation.force.com/s/register
If you click on the link above, it says "You must create an Athletes' Village account prior to registering for any B.A.A. event. Create your free Athletes' Village account today, or log-in if you already have an account, to begin the registration process.
Some things to note:
- The virtual marathon will take place over the weekend of October 8-10 and is open to the first 70,000 registrants
- Anyone 18+ may register for the virtual event
- Participants may run 26.2 miles anywhere and at any time during the race window to earn their unicorn medal
- Participants will also receive a virtual toolkit with an official bib number, champion’s breaktape, start and finish line, and more
- The fundraising minimum for virtual participants who join Team MMP will be $500
- Anyone who registers for the Virtual Marathon will have the opportunity to join MMP's team and fundraise through the GivenGain platform
For more information about how to support MMP through the Boston Marathon, please contact Meredith van der Walde at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For more updates on the Boston Marathon, please visit https://www.baa.org/2021-updates.