Based in Boston, Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand empowering youth-adult relationships across Massachusetts. MMP serves more than 370 mentoring and youth development programs statewide supporting more than 50,000 youth in mentoring relationships. We assess programmatic needs and organizational capacity, as well as provide customized strategies that empower youth, families and communities.
Our program network includes schools, religious organizations, community non-profits, and workplaces serving youth 5 to 18-years-old. These institutions utilize a variety of program structures including one-to-one mentoring, group mentoring and e-mentoring.
History and Accomplishments
Mass Mentoring Partnership was founded in 1992 by the then-president of Boston College, J. Donald Monan, S.J., and the CEO of New England Telephone, Paul O'Brien, as Greater Boston One-to-One, the first local extension of the national organization One-to-One. Since then, MMP has had a rich history of catalytic involvement in the start-up and sustainability of high-quality mentoring programs.
- 2019 Springfield School Volunteer Forward Fifty Honoree Award
- 2014 winner, Excellence in Communications award, Massachusetts Nonprofit Network
- 2013 co-winner, Boston Business Journal Corporate Citizenship Summit Partner of the Year, for partnership with Bank of America
- 2013 Charity Navigator 4-Star charity rating, the highest rating, illustrating sound fiscal management
- 2013 GuideStar Exchange Silver Participant, one of the highest levels of membership, demonstrating a commitment to transparency
- 2012 featured initiative for the Boston Business Journal Leaders in Diversity Event
- 2010 finalist for Mass Nonprofit Network’s Annual Excellence in Advocacy Award
- 2009 MENTOR Manza Excellence in Leadership Award in recognition of the highest-performing state mentoring partnership in the country
- Selected in each consecutive year since 2007 by the Celtics as the sole community partner for the Season Ticket Exchange, providing more than $850,000 in tickets to mentoring matches statewide
- Recipient of Eastern Bank’s inaugural “Community Quarterbacks” for outstanding leadership and commitment to the community
- Winner of the New England Publicity Club’s top Bell Ringer Award for the Red Sox Mentoring Challenge
You can view our 2020 Audit Statement.