This training prepares mentoring staff to develop and facilitate training for their adult volunteers. Participants will gain the tools and skills for group facilitation, including preparation and delivery techniques, strategies to approach challenging situations, and have the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe and comfortable setting. Participants will enhance their knowledge of mentoring best practices as they learn MMP’s training curricula and explore how the content can be modified to meet specific program goals and target audiences. Train the Trainer: Mentoring 101 will give you the confidence and skills to train mentors to develop empowering relationships with youth in your program. Participants will receive the Train the Trainer: Mentoring 101 Workbook that includes tools and resources on training and group facilitation, as well as the curriculum and activities.
You’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Design a customized high quality training for mentors
- Apply experiential training and facilitation techniques for adult learners
- Build relationships with mentors to ensure program success
This training is best for:
- Mentoring program staff tasked with developing and/or implementing training and mentor engagement
- Program staff who need to understand the skills and tasks that go in to training mentors.