Founded in 1992, Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to support empowering youth-adult relationships throughout Massachusetts. The organization’s vision is that every young person has the opportunity to be involved in empowering youth-adult relationships to create more vibrant and resilient communities. Headquartered in Boston and with a regional office in Holyoke, MMP serves a network of more than 300 mentoring and youth development programs statewide, supporting more than 34,000 youth in mentoring relationships.
MMP is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team as the Resource Development Associate. The Resource Development Associate is an entry-level position into the world of nonprofit resource development that will assist with research, identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from corporations, foundations, and individual prospects. Reporting to the Director of Development, they will play a key facilitation and coordination role in MMP’s fundraising efforts, draft fundraising materials, provide support and organization around fundraising events, and support in the management of donor acknowledgement and recognition programs. The Resource Development Associate provides additional learning and career development opportunities outlined in conjunction with the Director of Development. This is an exciting role that will contribute to growth in the right candidate’s fundraising career, including taking on important responsibility, learning, and supporting the work of a mission-driven nonprofit fueling the mentoring field throughout Massachusetts.
Candidates should have:
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable to working with a variety of stakeholders, personalities, and types of projects
- A mission-driven attitude and approach towards MMP’s work
- A growth mindset and ability to seek new opportunities for themselves
- Experience working or volunteering with young people in a school, non-profit, or similar setting
- Ability to provide kind and responsive customer service to donors, stakeholders, and other members of the MMP team
MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are motivated to address diversity issues within our own work and constituencies with whom we work. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate gift acknowledgement process in a timely and organized manner.
- Using prospect research tools and MMP’s data systems, research current and potential donors to evaluate their giving potential and propensity.
- Assist in drafting content for donor communications including print and digital outreach components.
- Draft and edit print and electronic solicitations including annual appeal and email appeals.
- Administer monthly giving program, matching gifts, pledges and pledge payments.
- Identify and research private and corporate foundation opportunities using GrantStation and funding update tools and resources
- Track and manage grant deliverables, including interim and final reports, working with the Director of Development, as well as both program staff and administrative teams to develop narrative and financial reports.
- Provide management a small portfolio of small to mid-sized grants from institutional funders
- Facilitate and coordinate MMP’s signature annual fundraising events: Champions of Mentoring and Cheers to Mentoring, as well as peer-to-peer events such as the Rodman Ride for Kids, Boston Marathon, and Falmouth Road Race – and unique one-time fundraising events.
- Provide support to the Director of Development, board members, and other stakeholders in one-time fundraising events, including event committee relations, sponsor outreach, data management, and auction oversight
- Assist in planning and execution of fundraising and cultivation events for donors and constituents
- Solicit and secure sponsorships and silent auction donations for events.
- Provide support to the Director of Development in overall event organization, theme, logistics and timelines for small to midsize events.
- Create and manage guest lists and/or ticket sales for premier events, when appropriate.
- Coordinate MMP’s online presence for peer-to-peer events and work with MMP marketing staff to create new ways to leverage marketing and communications to increase event participation.
- Facilitate event committee deliverables alongside the Director of Development
- Provide support to the Boston Marathon and Falmouth Road Race teams and manage meetings and outreach with participants
- Leverage of events for connection to targeted area funding opportunities
- Coordinate MMP’s online event management platform, GiveSmart, for guest management, ticket sales, event logistics, and auction execution
- Volunteer management and coordination for MMP’s signature events and one-time events
- Data Management & Stewardship
- Manage and maintain all CRM data input, including maintenance and updating of existing data, creating and managing donor and prospect records;managing campaigns, logging pledges and gifts.
- Write and run reports to track income, create mail merges, and build mailing lists.
- Regularly create and run both statistical and qualitative reports on donations, including monthly reports and board updates.
- Coordinate record cleanup and quality assurance with Director of Development.
- Work closely with Director of Development on establishing Development goals and budgets
- Provide management assistance to the Kelly Award and ALKU Scholarship processes including application process, donor relations, marketing, and financial tracking
- Provide timely and accurate financial and donor reports
- Provide support to the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Conduct prospecting research and other similar background information research for MMP’s individual giving efforts
- Review, modify, and in some cases, develop system for data entry that will allow for optimum reporting, querying, and prospecting
- Provide consistent, timely, and accurate research or data reports to Director of Development and Board of Directors as requested
- Provide additional management support to the Board Philanthropy Committee of Board of Directors; work with the Director of Development and the Committee to set goals and priorities, and implement strategy to achieve goals; solicit involvement of Board of Directors in fundraising activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Next Steps: Please email a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and salary requirement, both in Word format, to C.T. Ransdell, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Resource Development Associate” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.