Celebrate Strengthening Youth-Adult Relationships during National Mentoring Month 2020!
From keeping students engaged in and successful at school, to helping them graduate, attend college and succeed in a work environment, we know the impact that strengthening youth-adult relationships can have on young people.
National Mentoring Month marks its 19th year in 2020 and focuses national attention on the need for more caring adults, as well as how each of us — individuals, businesses, government agencies, schools, faith communities and nonprofits — can work together to help young people reach their full potential.
We've planned a comprehensive campaign to raise the awareness of mentoring and its impact in strengthening communities.
Join the conversation by using the official #NationalMentoringMonth hashtag.
MMP's planned events and activities for National Mentoring Month:
- Sharing our inaugural hashtag, #MMPMentorMondays
- Sending out our monthly newsletter, Mass Mentoring Matters
- Regular communications with mentoring programs
- We are proud to be a partner in the Mayor's Mentoring Movement. Please check out the link here to see who is involved and how to be a mentor.
- I Am A Mentor Day, January 8th: Current mentors should share their stories on social media.
- International Mentoring Day, January 17th: Join the international conversation on mentoring through social media, stories and photos.
- MLK Day of Service, January 20th: Mass Mentoring Partnership's AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring will be volunteering with others to give back.
- Youth Mentoring Day, January 23rd - MMP will host its Annual Youth Mentoring Day at the State House taking place at 10 am. The event celebrates the power of collective impact and how we use relationships as a lever for change. The day will include panels, keynote speeches from our President and CEO Lily Mendez and Senior Manager of Government Affairs Chelsea Aquino. We will also have activities for young people to engage and take the afternoon for mentoring programs and youth serving organizations to meet legislators.To set up a meeting, please contact Chelsea Aquino at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- National Mentoring Summit in Washington, D.C., January 29-31st: Several Mass Mentoring Partnership staff will be attending this meeting of mentoring stakeholders from around the country and presenting on a variety of topics.
- Thank Your Mentor Day, January 30 (National): It's a great day to think about the mentors in our lives and all that they've done for us. Send them a thank you card or tell them thank you on social media.