Headquartered in Boston, Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand quality mentoring for youth to meet the needs of communities across Massachusetts. MMP serves more than 370 mentoring programs statewide supporting 50,000 youth in mentoring relationships. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment, mobilizing resources on behalf of mentoring programs diverse in target populations, geography, scope and organization development. Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning, and promotes staff development. MMP offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the non-profit sector.
Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is seeking an AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring to serve as the Marketing and Network Outreach Associate for 2020-2021. The Ambassador will serve at MMP’s Boston office to work on marketing and match activity projects across the state. The position will be supervised by MMP’s Director of Communications and External Affairs.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
▪ Able to confidently communicate and network with program staff at other organizations
▪ Detail-oriented and proactive
▪ Strong Google Drive suite skills
▪ Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
▪ Strong writing and editing skills
▪ Some experience with marketing – material design, blogging and social media preferred
▪ A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
▪ Strong Adobe Suite skills such as Photoshop and InDesign
▪ Flexible schedule/ability to work occasional evenings/weekends
▪ Flexibility, patience, and a good sense of humor!
▪ Event management and logistics experience
▪ Experience developing and managing partnerships
AmeriCorps Service Requirements:
▪ You must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. to be an AmeriCorps member
▪ Complete a minimum of 1700 hours of documented service to complete host site project
▪ Complete all required AmeriCorps documentation and monthly reporting
▪ Complete as a team one community service project to benefit the field of mentoring
▪ Maintain a service portfolio
▪ Commute to all corps-wide trainings and events to cultivate future non-profit leaders. (Reimbursements available for qualifying members)
o Responsibilities include attending pre-orientation session, orientation, monthly corps meetings, a fall and mid-year retreat and two Program Day service planning sessions – Meetings located in Greater Boston
▪ Effectively manage time, projects, and meet competing demands
▪ Complete all professional development requirements as part of member contract
General Program Qualifications
▪ BA/BS strongly preferred or equivalent experience
▪ Experience with and/or commitment to youth development
▪ A passion for volunteerism and community service
▪ The desire to work with diverse people, organizations and communities
▪ Interest in nonprofit organizations and their development
▪ Excellent organization and communication skills
▪ The ability to work independently and as part of a team
▪ Proven leadership and project management abilities
▪ Flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor
▪ Positive attitude
▪ A $5920 educational award upon completion of service
▪ A Bi-weekly stipend
▪ Graduate certificate in Youth Development and Social Equity from Boston University
▪ Additional transportation reimbursement for qualifying members
▪ 250+ hours of professional training and networking opportunities in the mentoring field and the nonprofit sector
▪ Free health care coverage
▪ Loan deferment and interest accrual payment for qualifying loans upon completion of service
▪ A nation-wide Alumni network
▪ A built-in network of AmeriCorps members and colleagues - with the potential to make lifelong friends!
The position will be supervised by MMP’s Director of Communications and External Affairs and includes the following responsibilities:
● Research, develop and implement a strategy for procurement of in-kind donations for mentor/mentee matches such as free tickets to events (match activities) especially for National Mentoring Month
● Lead key match activity partnerships and events, including Mentoring Night at Fenway Park, Mentoring Night at the Boston Celtics and other events and ticket distribution programs such as the Boston Celtics and other partnership programs
● Help to design, write and implement communication with mentoring programs and mentors around match activity opportunities to access this benefit
● Create post-event and partnership reports and communications to match activity partners, mentoring programs and mentors to communicate the reach and impact of match activity events
● Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content on MMP’s social media accounts, blog and newsletter (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
● Work in collaboration with Communications and External Affairs staff to develop tools to better track the impact of MMP’s communication activities
● Support program outreach to increase membership in the Mentor Connector and MMP initiatives such as the EOE STEM Campaign
● Other projects as needed
If you are interested in applying please submit on our online portal here. More information about the program can be found on our webpage at www.massmentors.org/ambassadors including our full list of current open positions. Note that 1 application is required PER each organization if you are applying to more than one. All applications require a resume that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the Ambassador of Mentoring position and a cover letter stating how you heard about this opportunity and why you are interested in serving as an Ambassador, either in Word/PDF format and a list of 2 references. We are interested in recruiting AmeriCorps members who call Massachusetts home. MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from persons with a disability, males, and minority candidates. Note: Positions are contingent upon continued CNCS grant funding.
For more information or questions:
Contact, Rosie McMahan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mass Mentoring Partnership and its site partners are equal opportunity employers.
Mass Mentoring Partnership makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities for interview as well as service term.
All positions acceptances are contingent upon a successful background check.