Advocating for the work we do is vital to ensure that the youth-serving field is supported by local and state government. Join MMP to learn about policies and initiatives related to mentoring, including the Mentoring Matching Grants Line Item, the state budget process, and building relationships with legislators and government officials. Participants will increase their knowledge of the legislative process and practice skills to engage policy decision-makers in support of relationships between youth and adults.
You’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Navigate the state budgeting process
- Identify the key advocacy areas relevant to your program
- Build relationships with government officials and legislators in your community
This training is best for:
- Staff interested in strengthening their community through better policy
- Staff responsible for advocacy efforts in their programs