Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is committed to ensuring that every young person in the state has access to quality mentoring relationships, regardless of who they are or where they live. We work with organizations and agencies that offer mentoring support to youth—in particular youth of color. MMP is a statewide organization that partners with corporate, public, and philanthropic entities to drive critical resources to a network of more than 370 mentoring and youth-serving organizations, impacting more than 50,000 young people throughout the Commonwealth.
We are committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity by valuing our varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions. Candidates of color, bilingual, and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our organization offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the nonprofit sector.
MMP is seeking a talented and dynamic professional to join our team as a Manager of Training and Technical Assistance as we implement new and innovative strategies to achieve our goals. MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are experienced and motivated to promote positive youth development and address diversity issues within our own work and that of the programs with whom we work. This manager works as an integral part of the Program Services team to build the capacity of youth-serving programs across the state. Services include developing, conducting, and facilitating training; providing technical assistance or consultation to individuals and programs; and implementing special projects to promote mentoring relationships in diverse settings. In collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Program Services, this position will work to continually expand and enhance the training and products to be relevant to the current environment with a focus on equity in mentoring and youth-serving organizations. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Program Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in program development, consultation and/or training
- Ability to work and connect with diverse communities, people, and partners and a commitment to promoting inclusion in all practices and efforts
- Ability to plan, organize, and think strategically
- Strong written and verbal communication and public presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment with colleagues, program providers, community stakeholders, and volunteers
- Experience using technology for knowledge sharing, including web-based training a plus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to programs across the state of Massachusetts for training and technical assistance
- Some night and occasional weekend work
Training, Facilitation, and Technical Assistance Responsibilities
- Translate research into practice, with expertise in mentoring and youth development
- Develop new and revise current training curriculum so that all work is responsive to the needs of the field and our constituents
- Provide coaching and consultation on programmatic and organizational development topics to our network of programs
- Develop relationships with programs and encourage them to complete MMP's continuous improvement process for mentoring (Quality-Based Membership)
- Produce virtual learning and training tools that incorporate adult learning principles for diverse audiences on mentoring relationships
- Support the needs assessment and training plan for the AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring Program (AAOM) and provide training and consultation to Corps members and host sites
- Work closely with Managers of Community Engagement to support training needs for members of specific cohorts/learning communities in MMP's network
- Report on grant and contract fulfillment
- Promote the mission, goals, and strategic direction of MMP to the broader community and targeted audiences
- Participate in meetings, organizational functions, and community events necessary to enhance and nurture relationships across the Commonwealth
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance relevant knowledge and skill sets
- Manage and/or participate in special projects as determined by Sr. Manager of Program Services
- Content Knowledge: A strong understanding of mentoring and/or positive youth development and a commitment to social justice and racial equity
- Training Experience: Experience providing virtual or in-person trainings that meet the needs of adult learners
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and funders
- Project Management Experience: Experience managing parts of projects and processes to ensure that high quality deliverables are produced on time. Experience coordinating across teams and deliverables
- Communications: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with community members, in supervisory relationships, with colleagues, and with project partners and funders. Experience developing and reviewing written materials for outside audiences is preferred.
- Collaboration: Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who will productively engage with others
Please email a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity (both in Word format) to Sr. Manager of Program Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Manager of Training and Technical Assistance.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Mass Mentoring Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.