The 2020-2021 AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring Program is OPEN! Read about the different posts below. APPLY HERE!
Once you decide which host site(s) you'd like to apply to, fill out the online application. The online application takes 25 minutes to complete. Filling out the form is an opportunity to share your experiences and interests. You will need to upload your resume, a writing sample and references.
Part II: Interview Process
You will be screened by the host site's hiring supervisor. The supervisor will ask you a series of questions and offer an opportunity to answer any questions you may have about the process. You will receive an email from the host site on next steps in the interview process. Final interviews will happen with the Host Site Supervisor. They will typically 45 minutes and offer another opportunity to answer any questions you may have about the host site and assignment.
Part III. Final Steps
MMP will follow up for a final interview and then, if the applicant is qualified, make the offer and complete the process.
Here are the 2020 -2021 AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring positions below:
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Quinsigamond Community College will work directly with the Quisigamond Community College Mentoring Program on program development and mentor/mentee recruitment, with a specific focus on program evaluation. The Ambassador of Mentoring will work throughout the year to build program capacity by creating qualitative and quantitative evaluations and through mentor training, match support and other documentation focused tasks. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Steps to Success (STS) will build the capacity of Steps to Success to build a mentoring program at Brookline High School and for Steps College Success Initiative students. STS works to close the opportunity gap for low-income students in Brookline, and the mentoring program is an integral part of our mission. Read more about the position description here.
- Apply for the AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Tech Foundry, where you will have the opportunity to develop Tech Foundry's first-ever alumni-to-student mentoring program to connect students with alumni/new IT professionals. Tech Foundry is a nonprofit located in downtown Springfield, offering an IT workforce training for students, ages 18-60s and helps participants land a new career in the tech industry. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Boston Youth Wrestling will focus mentor and mentee training, program development, and mentor recruitment and marketing. This project entails an ambitious expansion of mentorship services we provide to underserved youth. The Ambassador of Mentoring will create an online mentoring platform that will include training and development of our Mentors and easily accessible by our youth and families. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at The Chica Project is a leadership role where you will identify, recruit and manage mentors and volunteers for our program year. The Ambassador of Mentoring will work closely with the Executive Director and program staff to learn about the systems of the organization and how to better strengthen them. The position is fun and exciting where you will learn invaluable non-profit management skills while making many connections with wonderful women of color of various ages, professions and backgrounds. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Partners for Youth with Disabilities' project will include the recruitment of a diverse pool of mentors and enhancing match support. The AmeriCorps Ambassador will lead recruitment efforts and analyze results, enhance career readiness resources for mentees, orchestrate and support a caseload of matches. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Boston Partners in Education will review and recommend suggestions to increase youth engagement and agency towards mentee recruitment, and strengthen our partnerships with teachers and schools. This role will also continue to build our capacity in community outreach and mentor recruitment in our targeted neighborhoods. Finally, the Ambassador will continue the work to build upon our volunteer engagement strategies and increase our match support capacity. Read more about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Girls Inc. of Lynn will oversee the Bold Futures middle school group mentoring program for girls in sixth through eight grades. The mentoring program is a component of the larger after-school program, Odyssey. The purpose of the middle school group mentoring program is to improve girls' attitude towards school, to increase girls' social and emotional competencies and to provide the mentees with support from positive role models. Responsibilities will include mentor recruitment, orientation and training, providing daily match support as well as improving current match support systems, acquiring and maintaining program supplies, planning and carrying out mentoring events, delivering structured enrichment programming and assisting in the daily implementation of the Odyssey after-school program. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Boston Day and Evening Academy will be eager to challenge the norm, to assist a committed team in building a new pathway for the city's most marginalized students, and to embrace our mission and core values. The Mentoring Coordinator will be responsible for leveraging existing relationships with nonprofit and industry partners to develop a new mentoring program by identifying an industry or passion connected mentor for up to 60 young men of color. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring Program Services Associate will research and develop content for capacity building training and support the admistration of the Mayor's Mentoring Movement in collaboration with the City of Boston. They will work closely with the Chief Program Officer to implement the Mass Mentoring Counts biannual survey for MMP programs. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring Marketing and Network Outreach Associate will help design, develop and write content social media, blog and other channels for Mass Mentoring Partnership to help tell our story of how mentoring relationships change lives in the Commonwealth. This role will help to lead match activities with partners including Mentoring Night at Fenway Park and Mentoring Night at the Celtics, other mentoring field activities and works to drive traffic to the Mentor Connector. Read the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring for Big Sister Association will manage the Big for A Day (BFAD) program where volunteers and corporate/community partners experience the power of mentoring and support a wide variety of Big Sister Boston's programming and enrichment services. The BFAD program annually serves approximately 300 girls in the Greater Boston area, by matching them with Big for A Day Big Sisters for a one-day event. BFAD programming provides a critical service to girls who are waiting to be matched with their long-term 1:1 Big Sister mentor by giving them the opportunity to participate in enrichment programming. Read more about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at BUILD will work for a youth entrepreneurship program dedicated to creating a more diverse future workforce by ensuring in Boston's under-resourced communities have access to the mentorship, professional development opportunities, and funding they need to graduate high school, go to college, and launch successful careers. This program could not have the impact it does without our powerful network of volunteer mentors. Read more about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Girls Inc. of Worcester will be responsible for preparation and submission of the Quality Based Membership Application to Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP), including recruitment and retention strategy, match support, marketing, and enhancements to the current mentor program. Read about the position description here.
- The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring at Old Colony YMCA Mentoring Program will increase our capacity to serve more children by researching best practices and designing new and creative recruitment strategies while supporting ongoing efforts to facilitate positive 1:1 mentoring relationships throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. The mission of Old Colony Y Mentoring is to provide meaningful and professionally supported 1:1 relationships that guide a youth towards developing their sparks and achieving their full potential. Read about the position description here.