*Are you interested in becoming an Ambassador? Learn more here.
Through a competitive RFP process released at the end of every year, full-time AmeriCorps members are placed at mentoring programs and youth-serving organizations to help enable them to serve more youth in high quality mentoring relationships. Ambassadors can tackle a number of projects, including starting mentoring programs, creating partnerships, developing comprehensive screening processes, targeting potential mentors of color, and more. Our program is an 11-month model in which full-time, stipend members serve 1,700 hours each at their host sites.
These full-time AmeriCorps members are placed at mentoring programs and youth-serving organizations to help build their capacity to serve more youth in high quality mentoring relationships. Our program is an 11-month model in which full-time, stipend members serve 1,700 hours each at their host sites.
Ambassadors Help Programs...
- Develop strong and efficiently. Ambassadors are trained in the Elements of Effective Practice, utilizing this technical knowledge in their work and in effect, training their colleagues in the process.
- Intensify volunteer recruitment efforts. Ambassadors ensure programs implement best practices; screen and match mentors; and build public awareness, yielding more robust recruitment efforts
- Enhance or create systems to support marketing, recruitment, match support, mentor/mentee training, or program development. Regardless of program size, having a skilled employee develop or revamp these efforts is a fantastic opportunity to recharge your program
The application cycle for the 2018-2019 service year is now open! Is your program/organization interested in hosting an AOM, please click the link below to apply!
- Webinar: Program Manager, Tom McGee, discusses the application process, the program, and what makes an organization a great candidate for the program in this recorded webinar.
- One-Pager: Want to print this information with you? Know of another program/organization who would benefit from adding an Ambassador of Mentoring to their team? Download this flyer.
For more information regarding the RFP, eligibility and requirements, and the program in general, please contact the AOM Program Manager, Tom McGee.