Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to support empowering youth-adult relationships throughout Massachusetts. Our vision is that every young person has the opportunity to be involved in empowering youth-adult relationships to create more vibrant and resilient communities. MMP is working with established mentoring programs, youth serving organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, and academic institutions to strengthen the program and organizational practices that contribute to the resiliency of youth, families and communities. We currently work with over 250 programs supporting over 33,000 youth in sustained, consistent and supported relationships by assessing programmatic needs and organizational capacity and providing customized strategies that create stronger and more effective programs and youth-adult interactions.
MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are motivated to address diversity issues within our own work and constituencies with whom we work. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning and promotes staff development. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment. Our organization offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the non-profit sector.
The Communications Manager will bring their skills and experience to help develop, execute and manage the strategies and day to day communications deliverables that build awareness of Mass Mentoring Partnership, our program partners and the impact that mentoring and developmental relationships can have on young people and communities. Working in partnership with the Director of Communications & External Affairs, this is a key position with the opportunity to make a significant impact within a small, highly productive marketing team.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in marketing/communications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related course of study required
- Excellent writing skills across various platforms, including web, social media, e-mail, printed collateral
- Experience with social media planning, content development and execution
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with high level of creativity and initiative
- Demonstrated ability in project management
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Photography skills a plus
- Background in working with diverse people and partners and a commitment to promoting inclusion in all practices and efforts
- Manage day to day communication and public awareness deliverables
- Develop high level short and long term communication strategies in collaboration with Director of Communications & External Affairs
- Develop digital media strategy and implementation plan across multiple platforms
- Create content to tell MMP’s story in keeping with strategic communications plan and messaging
- Project planning– create individual project plans and ongoing communications calendar for key initiatives
- Act as webmaster with responsibility for developing and maintaining website content; create new pages as needed; write blog posts; work with internal staff to address needs; analyze site and suggest improvements to better engage with external audiences
- Create and implement engaging e-mail campaigns and messaging to MMP stakeholders; develop e-mail calendar with internal staff to coordinate messaging to external audiences
- Develop social media strategy and content across platforms in keeping with MMP social media presence; create social media communication calendar; analyze reach and impact
- Assist in the execution of media outreach to help gain more public awareness of MMP’s work
- Provide support to internal teams to help them meet their communication needs with external stakeholders (messaging, collateral creation, promotion/awareness)
- Vendor management – identify, work with and direct outside vendor relationships as needed
- Collaborate on execution of high-profile public awareness campaigns
- Collateral material creation and maintenance as needed – flyers, brochures and program materials
- Event support – work with MMP staff to help build awareness of events through various channels
Please email a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating your salary requirements, (both in Word format) to Lily Mendez, President and CEO at email@example.com, subject line “Communications Manager.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Mass Mentoring Partnership provides equal employment opportunities
for all applicants and employees