Headquartered in Boston, Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand quality mentoring for youth to meet the needs of communities across Massachusetts. MMP serves more than 250 mentoring programs statewide supporting 50,000 youth in mentoring relationships. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment, mobilizing resources on behalf of mentoring programs diverse in target populations, geography, scope and organization development. Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning, and promotes staff development. MMP offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the non-profit sector.
The Administrative Assistant works on multiple fronts to impact the daily operations of MMP and to contribute to our mission-driven work. Key areas of responsibility include operations, office management and administrative support. This is an excellent opportunity for a detailed-oriented individual with strong initiative and a customer service mentality. The role provides exposure to multiple aspects of a dynamic and mission-driven non-profit that values collaboration and encourages maximum engagement of all staff in meeting our strategic goals. The Administrative Assistant reports to the President and CEO.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● 2 - 4 years of professional experience; previous nonprofit experience and database management experience a plus
● Demonstrated initiative and strong attention to detail
● Customer service mindset
● Proven ability to manage projects and professional relationships
● Ability to plan, organize, research and think strategically
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Capacity to prioritize and manage work flow and multiple projects with excellent follow through
● Ability to work and connect with diverse communities, people and partners, and a commitment to promoting inclusion in all practices and efforts
● Strong computer skills including Google apps for work and Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database experience and/or Quickbooks experience a plus
● Manage Mass Mentoring Partnership’s CRM platform (Quickbase) to ensure that data is accurate and comprehensive; collaborate with the staff to maximize its effective usage; provide reporting and analysis
● Process and track incoming checks and assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable
● Provide project management support and collaborate with the Operations Manager on organizational initiatives
● Manage and provide operations support for Board meetings including preparation and distribution of advance materials; attend Board meetings, take and prepare minutes
● Identify process improvements to increase efficiency and better meet organizational needs
● Maintain office equipment at optimal level and manage relationships with vendors that provide service and customer support
● Manage inventory of supplies and place orders
● Provide employee orientation on office operations and administrative procedures and prepare workspaces for new employees
● Manage common spaces to maintain appearance and functionality
● Serve as a welcoming, professional first contact to all individuals who interact with MMP by phone, in person and through email
● Receive incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and deliveries
● Provide administrative support to the CEO and the Vice President and Chief Program Officer
● Manage organization files including: vendor files, AmeriCorps files and State Mentoring Grant files
● Provide administrative support to the Program Services and Marketing teams. Including managing training and event registration lists and associated logistics
Please email a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications of the position, stating how you heard about this opportunity and your salary requirements (both in Word format) to Lily Mendez, President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Mass Mentoring Partnership provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.